The Energy Plus, Inc. team falls under the umbrella of necessary businesses in the Commonwealth of PA. As such, all branches continue service to our customers during the COVID-19 outbreak. ADSS, due to our core services – decontamination and sterilization – is no exception to this. To fulfill our obligations, we developed safety guidelines to protect our customers and employees, across all divisions. We share them here to demonstrate how seriously we take this pandemic. Also, we offer these to help any readers that need assistance developing standards for their own organizations.
Office Safety: Social Distancing and Role-Based Separation
- Clean Air technicians remain in the training lab to finalize work at the end of the day and use the training lab restroom.
- Clean Air carpenters perform pre-site work in the EPS shop and use the shop restroom.
- Hot/Cold technicians perform in-house repairs in the shop and use the shop restroom.
- Office staff remains behind the barrier and use the office restroom and break room.
- Calibration technicians remain in the calibration lab and calibration offices. Deliver necessary paperwork via the designated temporary staging area between the buildings.
- The corporate campus, especially HTAs, will be regularly decontaminated using SteraMist™. No special preparations are required.
Customer Safety: Travel & Customer Interactions
- Please ensure that essential medical vehicle documentation remains in each vehicle, and visible where appropriate, at all times.
- Have your badge with you at all times to identify yourself as essential personnel. Provide this identification immediately if requested by the authorities or by customer representatives.
- If traveling overnight, please take the designated field sanitization kit. Clean all surfaces in your hotel room on arrival, and nightly. Request no housekeeping for the duration of your stay.
- All vehicles and tools must be treated with SteraMist™ upon your return.
- Though optional, we strongly recommend use of N95 mask and gloves when entering a facility.
General Safety: Behavior & Awareness
- Only office staff should use the time clock installed at the office. All other personnel, please use your phone app until further notice.
- Wash hands frequently with provided soap and hot water for at least twenty (20) seconds. Use hand sanitizer after drying. Do not touch your face, eyes, or mouth.
- Use electronic paperwork only whenever possible. If traditional hard copies are absolutely necessary, deposit in the designated bins in your designated area at the end of the day.
- Remain aware of social distancing (six feet) when interacting with other employees and customers.
- If you are sick, please notify us immediately.
As we all continue the battle against COVID-19 together, please keep in mind yourself, your family, your coworkers, and even people you will never meet. A few precautions will, literally, save lives.
If you have any questions or suggestions, or would like assistance developing your own policies for the COVID-19 outbreak, please feel free to contact us directly.
Stay safe and stay healthy!